Friday, January 21, 2011

Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Snacking Cake



Yes, I know it has been a long while since I have posted on my blog. Life has been crazy this last couples of months. I did make the November Cake for the Cake slice bakers, but just never posted it. But I am back and ready to start baking again.

I was excited to do this cake because it sounded so good. But I have to admit that I was disappointed. The cake didn't rise very well and it was very dry. I even cut the baking time by about 7 minutes. The frosting was mediocre, and you couldn't really taste the marshmallow fluff. Even though I didn't enjoy, my kids did. I hate to admit this, but I let them have some for breakfast this morning and they gobbled it all up. I think they just like sugar and gobble it up every time I give them some. Here is a link to a printable version of the recipe if anybody wants to try it, but I am not going to take the time to write it in my blog since I didn't enjoy it myself.

I follow many other baking and cooking blogs, but I am new myself to doing this. If anyone out there has any tips or suggestions for me, that would be great.


7 comments:

  1. My tip - go and try a different recipe - we all had the same outcome, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I agree! My son liked it too and I think you're right about the reasoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually liked this cake, but I used digestive biscuits in place of the graham crackers - perhaps that helped?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as the kids loved it... its still good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree....the frosting definitely lacked in marshmallow flavor! I liked it but it just wasn't what I expected. Yours looks yummy and the important thing is the kids liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else, I agree. i don't have any tips or suggestions other than to try another recipe. I didn't love it either but my husband liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that you didn't like this cake. I found the cake OK, but I was not a fan of the overly-sweet frosting. I am looking forward to next month's cake.

    ReplyDelete